Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where did the time go?


It's almost Christmas, and I can't believe that I have posted since May. Since May, many things have happened. For the Kentucky Room I have created a site on Ning.com for Owensboro genealogy. You can post your queries about your genealogy and also read my blogs about doing research. http://owensborokygenealogy.ning.com/

I also have pictures posted from Voices of Elmwood. That was a project that was started last year. Members of this group research those buried in Elmwood Cemetery, turn the research into a script, and then we portray them. This usually occurs in October and there are ten people you "visit" on a hayride through the cemetery. The money raised from this is divided between the Daviess County Public Library, the Owensboro Area Museum, Theatre Workshop and Elmwood Cemetery. Many of the stones and monuments there have destroyed by the weather and we hope to repair these. You can check out the pictures on the ning site or at the Voices of Elmwood Facebook page.

The library is also working on its long-range planning. This includes the process of planning for results. I was sent to Cleveland for Planning for Results Bootcamp and learned how a library develops a long-range plan with goals and objectives. My library started this process in April or May and we are continuing to progress. Also we are weeding our reference section to make room for biographies and our large print. The large print is so crowded that this is necessary.
I am hoping that the new year will bring exciting changes to the library and to my life personally. I want to recommitt to posting my blogs and I want to keep up with library trends and Owensboro events. Speaking of which, over the summer Extreme Home Makeover Edition came to Daviess County and built a house for the Mattingly Family. I was honored to meet rapper Xzibit, who is a champ at trivia. May you have a happy Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger