Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Myspace and Facebook

I have enjoyed using Myspace and Facebook for quite sometime now. I enjoy messaging my friends, updating my status, uploading pictures and just having fun. Kevin and I started the library's Myspace and Facebook page. I have to agree with him that I do like the Myspace page better because it seems for the library this is the better tool. With Facebook you can create only a fan page for the library, which really limits you to what you can do with is regarding content. Myspace gives you free reign on any page you create. I really enjoy blogging about library events and I try to include some thought prevoking questions. I wish we could get more feedback from our patrons in regards to the blog. I want to know what they are talking about, what they're reading and if I could do something to enhance their library experience. My other favorite feature on the Myspace page is that you can create bibliographies using the myspace tools and show the covert art of books and cds. I like the colors of the page because I think they're complimentary and easy on the eyes. I will try to do a better job blogging about library items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger