Monday, April 13, 2009

Technorati and Delicious

From the about us page on Technorati: "Technorati was founded to help bloggers to succeed by collecting, highlighting, and distributing the online global conversation. As the leading blog search engine and most comprehensive source of information on the blogosphere, we index more than 1.5 million new blog posts in real time and introduce millions of readers to blog and social media content."

When I first looked at Technorati I became overwhelmed. There is so much for you to explore and do that you could take hours just on one subject! From a blog directory, to videos, to trying to claim your blog, it's amazing what you could possibly find on here. I did a search for library 2.0 and pugs and saw everything from very technical blogs regarding 2.0 to very cute blogs about dogs or dog products. If one joined this site it would be easy to mark your favorite blogs and read them at your pleasure. I don't know how much Iwill use this, but this could be a very useful tool.

When I explored on the tagging site Delicious, I could see how if you are a member that storing tags to sites you liked would enable you to go back to those sites right away so that you don't have to memorize web addresses. It's also a great way to discover new sites. For example, if you want to know more about a topic, type it in the tag search and see what sites come up as hits. I haven't quite figured out how to see more hits then what I'm is being brought up. I think the site could be lots of fun, but it looks way too time consuming and I think I would get bored with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger